Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grilled Cheese

Default Grilled Cheese

So, how do YOU make Grilled Cheese Sandwiches??

Do you put onions in yours? ham or other meats? different kinds of cheeses? do you use different kinds of breads? sliced vegetables of any kinds?

What's your 'special way' of making a 'Grilled Cheese'?

I usually use regular bread, & cheese slices, but, I like to add in some shaved Black Forest Ham or Honey Ham with some thinly sliced spanish onions.

I have been making Grilled Cheese lately though with using Light Rye Bread & Swiss Cheese inside.
    SO good with a bowl of Creme of Mushroom, Creme of Potoato or Creme of Asparagas Soup!!
    Mmmm!!!!

But, I know alot of ppl have their own 'gourmet' way of making Grilled Cheese, and what they put in their's, so, I thought I would ask to get some more ideas......

We use regular bread and cheese slices most of the time. Sometimes I'll put ham in mine, but J doesn't like it so his ham gets rolled up and put on the plate beside it.

I also really like it made with provolone, ham and pesto...but thats more like a panini than anything else.
    Meg
    mama to j

I hate cheese, so only make grilled cheese for my daughter. I make them with whatever cheese my husband has bought, and whatever bread we have. Nothing fancy.
    Rianne

mother to Lauren March 14 2010

KWC Babywearing blog

Find the KWC Babywearing group on Facebook.

DH has a way of making grilled cheese that I just love. He uses slices of Old Cheddar and then sprinkles granulated garlic powder on them. The light onion flavor is fantastic!

We like our pretty simple whole grain bread and cheese (maybe red onion and tomato). My daughter prefers hers with mayo instead of butter or margarine - gives it a bit different of a taste
    Mum to E(26), A(13), J(7)

Simple bread and slice cheese! Yum!
    Proud SAHM of two beautiful little babies! DD ~ December '09 ~ DS ~ May '11 and on on the way

most of the time we just use WW bread and cheddar but sometimes i like to add pepperoni and mottza cheese and make a pizza grill cheese..........yummy!!!

i also like mine with ham, but the kids don't like that
    Sara Mom to L(2004), N(2008), and D(2009)

Life has no remote...So, if u don't like what's going on...get up and change it yourself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snowrose View Post
    DH has a way of making grilled cheese that I just love. He uses slices of Old Cheddar and then sprinkles granulated garlic powder on them. The light onion flavor is fantastic!
    Oh! Sorry. I meant granulated onion powder, not garlic powder.

I make mine with bread, cheese slice and cheese whiz. I butter the outside of the bread, but use a thin layer of cheese whiz on the inside, along with a slice of cheese. Occassionally I'll add bacon too. Now I want one....or two....