Default Anyone else have kids getting ready for university?

My oldest is in grade 12 and never bothered much with school. This year he says he motivated to do well to get into university to take criminology then law school! Great but I'm so worried he won't get high enough marks to get in and then what?

How do you know how much to be "on them" and when to let them make their own mistakes.

He'll be 19 in February so there is no contact with the school directly as he is an adult now.

I'm so nervous and excited at the same time!
    Leslie
    Co-owner of Londonmoms.ca and Waterloo-Moms.ca

Mom to my four awesome boys and finally a baby girl!! ages 15 months to 17 years!

I agree with Ashley.
    Mommy to Georgia, May 7 2008 and Harrison, August 15 2010

I agree too...he probably knows himself that he hasn't been trying up until now and now that he has a goal in mind, he's going to put real effort into it.

My step son started college this year. I made a point of checking the school's website regularly to look for post secondary school information nights. This helped. He was interested, but didn't seem to make more than a half assed effort to find out more information. Once he went to a couple of those he had a clear idea of what he wanted to do.

You can also look in the uni/college website and it should tell you what they are needing for the program

it might help him to pull up his socks in those classes
    Sara Mom to L(2004), N(2008), and D(2009)

Life has no remote...So, if u don't like what's going on...get up and change it yourself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cutesandturtle View Post
    This is just my opinion, based on my own experiences in high school... If it's something he really wants to do and knows what he needs to do to get into the program (or at least have a chance of getting in), I'm sure he will be motivated to work as hard as he needs to meet those goals. Just offer him support and remind him that you're there if he needs any help along the way.
    yep,that`s it,thumbs up from me

******Do linh ki?n vi t*nh giá thay d?i t?ng gi? nên không có giá ch*nh xác!xin LH tr?c ti?p d? có giá t?t!
    *****H*ng mua test t?i ch? - ko c?n bao test!
    **** Liên h? :

Phone : 09345.32.777 - 0126.5605.777 - Tân | Address : 492/7A Xô Vi?t Ngh? Tinh,P.25,Q.Bình Th?nh | YH : cpu_sk478 (pm không reply thì sms or call dùm mình nhé)
    Thu mua Cpu,HDD giá cao!Ai có gì v*o bán nha!

***THU MUA T?N NOI TRONG N?I THÀNH !
    Q.gò v?p,phú nhu?n,tân phú,bình tân,tân bình, c? chi thì giao dùm mình nhé!

***Thu mua thùng máy,linh ki?n máy b*n : Main,Ram,Cpu,Vga,Lcd....d? th? v?i giá cao!
    ***Thu mua laptop d? lo?i....v?i giá cao!
    **** Liên h? du?i sign:
    Phone : 09345.32.777 - 0126.5605.777 - Tân | Address : 492/7A Xô Vi?t Ngh? Tinh,P.25,Q.Bình Th?nh | YH : cpu_sk478

Thu mua Cpu,HDD giá cao!Ai có gì v*o bán nha!

If he's in grade 12, it's a little late to make changes. The schools will be looking at his grades from before now, not so much the current grades. (They might get his grades from the first report card but decisions will be made before we get to the final report card.)

For university, IMO, you need to be getting those good grades in at least grades 10 and 11, if not before. But if necessary he can do a little time in a college to prove he has the marks, and then he can upgrade to university.