Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Elf on the Shelf

Is anyone else doing this? I thought it might be fun to keep a thread dedicated to pictures of what our elves are up to. I think it's fun to see what ideas everyone comes up with...I have 6 or so pictures that I can post...I just need to get this paper done before I run out of time!
    Meg
    mama to j

I'm in! We have a little Elf named Blanket I'll try to get some pics now and again.
    Jamie

Mommy to Quin and Bronwen.

not an elf.

i adapted the concept and created a 'yule fairy' this year... instead of an elf i'm using one of my american girl dolls... (i'm using a doll i have this year, but am going to be buying one next year specifically for this)

she's going to leave letters containing challenges, activities and recipes, as well as yule lore... i have her bringing gifts every few days, some of them are tied to actvities...

the challenges are things like think of 10 things you like about the people you live with, or do something nice for someone without letting them know it's you... some of the activities are making runes, making goddess eyes, learning to tap into the natual energy of the environment...

one reason i did it this way was that i wanted something to focus and highlight yule, because we already have some things we do for xmas...
    Christina

mom to Paul 11/15/02

*loving being a homeschooling mom*

*Asperger Syndrome makes life interesting*

I love that christina. I'm gonna have to get some ideas of how you would celebrate the different pagan holidays with your child, especially when he was younger. We do the usual get together with our coven, but we haven't thought of stuff we could do at home.
    Rianne

mother to Lauren March 14 2010

KWC Babywearing blog

Find the KWC Babywearing group on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly76 View Post
    not an elf.

i adapted the concept and created a 'yule fairy' this year... instead of an elf i'm using one of my american girl dolls... (i'm using a doll i have this year, but am going to be buying one next year specifically for this)

she's going to leave letters containing challenges, activities and recipes, as well as yule lore... i have her bringing gifts every few days, some of them are tied to actvities...

the challenges are things like think of 10 things you like about the people you live with, or do something nice for someone without letting them know it's you... some of the activities are making runes, making goddess eyes, learning to tap into the natual energy of the environment...

one reason i did it this way was that i wanted something to focus and highlight yule, because we already have some things we do for xmas...
    Lovely idea!
    Peace is not something you wish for; it's something you make, something you do, something you are, something you give away.
    ~ Robert Fulghum

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Is anyone else doing this? I thought it might be fun to keep a thread dedicated to pictures of what our elves are up to. I think it's fun to see what ideas everyone comes up with...I have 6 or so pictures that I can post...I just need to get this paper done before I run out of time!
    I don't know much about the elf on the shelf, but we do have our own elf who visits. I can post about the things he does after he has visited.
    Peace is not something you wish for; it's something you make, something you do, something you are, something you give away.
    ~ Robert Fulghum

This is my first year with Alfie (our elf). He is the elf on the shelf, but I didn't love the book. We read it once, but since then Jacob and I have just talked about where Alfie is hiding, not where he landed when he came home from reporting to Santa. I'm not sure I want to keep that aspect of it, we may in some ways but not in all of them...

Here are some pictures of what Alfie's been up to...

The night he appeared, he was in the tree. I didn't get a picture of it, but I moved him to a ledge to keep him safe.

The next morning, we found him in a little boot near the front door, hangin' out with our blow up snowman.

The next day, he was missing the snow...so he made due with what he could find....sugar!

(we took wednesday night to thursday off because J isn't home)

Friday we found him face down in Jacob's christmas tree bowl thing. We aren't sure what he was doing....perhaps looking for something?

Saturday we found him atop the curtains. (no pictures).

Sunday he was reading his book!

This morning, he had a note for Jacob to check my e-mail for a message from Santa (the video from magicsanta.com).

I'm having fun coming up with new things, and Jacob loves looking for him every morning. I think on Dec 1 he's going to bring an advent calendar, on the 15th he'll bring a gingerbread house, and on the 24th he'll bring us Christmas jammies. Other than that, I think he'll just find fun things to do around here I think he's going fishing tonight...or perhaps ziplining?
    Meg
    mama to j

great pics!

our fairy won't arrive until the 1st, i'll have to remember to get some pics to share
    Christina

mom to Paul 11/15/02

*loving being a homeschooling mom*

*Asperger Syndrome makes life interesting*

a couple FB friends have been doing something similar - It's called Elf Magic (instead of Elf on the Shelf). Looks neat, and I think I might try it next year.

We have an elf on the shelf named Sam. He came last week and has been up to all sorts of mischief (love the snow angel!) Love the idea )