Default Who is giving up something for Lent this year?

I am Christian, however I do not participate in Lent. I know a few people who recognize it each year and give up something for the 6 weeks leading up to Easter.
    Just curious who on here does this and what you are giving up~ and why did you choose that in particular to give up?
    Proud mom of Riley (2004) and Kendra (2007).

Isabelle

I'm doing sugar and alcohol. Never attempted sugar and I'm a sugar junkie. I'm trying to clean up my diet and choose more whole foods. I prefer my sugar in the incredibly unnatural bag o' candy version and there is just nothing whole about that. So I'm going to drop it. Been preparing for 3 weeks now, clearing it out of my house. I'm going all out - no sugar, no strange ingredients ending in -ose (glucose, fructose, etc), no sugar substitutes. It is not going to be easy, so I need outside motivation (ie God) to make it happen.

I'm also adding 30 minutes of activity to every day (treadmill, yoga).

My birthday is tomorrow though and DD1's is the 19th, so instead of doing the 40 days with Sunday's off, I'm doing the days we celebrate those birthdays off and Sunday's are on.

Not giving up but doing. I've decided to set weekly household organization to-do's. I keep a poor house, and a main part is organization. I am hoping to build a skill/habit and it will continue for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by sofies_mom View Post
    Not giving up but doing. I've decided to set weekly household organization to-do's. I keep a poor house, and a main part is organization. I am hoping to build a skill/habit and it will continue for the future.

When you find a system that works let me know God knows I need all the help I can get.

I've already given up alcohol and lately I have been trying to eat better although I have to admit I went over board on chocolate this week and it's only Tues UGH!!!! so I think I'll work harder at the no chocolate thing
    Melissa

The Spicy Lady
    Mommy to Sydney March 17 2006 & Noah November 10 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sofies_mom View Post
    I did a review on LondonMoms last month: http://www.londonmoms.ca/?p=1215 Awesome way to keep yourself organized at home!! Seriously, love love love it.

I'm giving up my in-laws I don't follow lent, and I know you're suppose to give up something you really enjoy, I would really enjoy giving them up
    Christine
    Annabelle Grace - March 5, 2010

*Life's a Dance You Learn as You Go*
    *You're gonna miss this, you're gonna want this back, you're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast*

Quote Originally Posted by Bellerinas_Mom View Post
    I'm giving up my in-laws I don't follow lent, and I know you're suppose to give up something you really enjoy, I would really enjoy giving them up
    Too Funny!
    Proud mom of Riley (2004) and Kendra (2007).

Isabelle