Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I miss...

What is the different between University and College? I thought you guys just called College, University. Lol, shows you what this Yankee knows.
    Kate

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie,Luka&K8 View Post
    What is the different between University and College? I thought you guys just called College, University. Lol, shows you what this Yankee knows.
    College is more focused on applied learning, and university is for "higher" learning.

Or that's the best I can do to explain it lol
    Steph, Mommy to D Jan 4, 2009, and C Dec 9, 2010

Sorry you are having a tough time but you do have a good average

I only went to University - I did well enough in most classes but almost failed a couple too. It just depends on the course.

You'll get used to it

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie,Luka&K8 View Post
    I think the technical definition (in the US) is that universities offer postgraduate work (PhD and Masters) and College only offers undergrad. I think a good comparison to the US is Canadian "College" is comparable to US Junior College or Community college.
    Kristin

I'm sorry you're having a tough semester. I'm right there with you. This is my LAST semester, and I just got early acceptance to a masters program in the fall. But am also now 30 weeks with baby #2, and struggling so much to get everything done. I have SO much writing to do before the end of this month. I am so behind on my thesis, and have some work reports that must get done so I can afford to take the summer off with the kids.

It's so hard to keep motivated- no to mention find enough waking hours to get the work done. Late nights are physically impossible anymore. The unstructured, self-motivated part is tricky, especially when there are many things competing for your attention.

I wish I had magic words to help us! These days, mine are: "JUST GET THE EFFING THING DONE!!!!" or more often, "THERE'S NO WAY I CAN GET IT ALL DONE!!!!"

Amy
    Student mama of H (3) and D- due May 2011...