Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Cool

Yeah I have definitely taken any course I could online, but I agree that there is a limit to it. I tended to save my online courses for the summer, so I could take a reduced courseload during the year, work in the summer and with the online courses come out having technically gotten the same number of courses as a full load.
    This year was hard, I've been going nonstop since last fall, my work was very consuming this summer, and with no break from courses I'm getting tired.
    It's really making me look forward to this fall.

In our house, we've found we can tolerate the student life (DH has just gone back to school too...:P), as we are poor enough right now to get all sorts of subsidy support and OSAP. In order to actually be getting ahead, both of us need to be working to justify daycare, pay off loans, etc. So it's not fun right now, but with long-term perspective we've decided it's best for our family. I think you just have to really know why you're doing it (the school thing), it will keep you focussed and motivated. It isn't easy, but I think as busy mamas it does force us to use what time we have more effectively.
    Student mama of H (3) and D- due May 2011...

I used to be My DS was 5mths old when I started school full time. It was challenging at times because of the placements that started at 7am but I made it through. I even went on to do another degree and work (in health care with 12 hours shifts)
    I just wanted to stop in and say it is doable it is a challenge and GOOD FOR ALL OF YOU DOING IT!!!!!! You all ROCK!!!!
    Proud mom of two great kids

One a teen and one a terrible opps I mean terrific two

I have been out of school for a few years thankfully (I did Software Engineering Technology). I have been thinking about doing some Project Management courses though from home but have not looked into it yet. How much do you pay to register for a course online from uni's and colleges around here? I think the course I wanted to register for said something like 300 but I was unsure what other fees went with that

Each of my courses from Laurier costs me about $800. :/ It's $600ish for the tuition and fees, then the rest is textbooks.
    Jen, full of weasels

Quote Originally Posted by PikaJen View Post
    Each of my courses from Laurier costs me about $800. :/ It's $600ish for the tuition and fees, then the rest is textbooks.
    Thanks, thats around what I figured.

I started school in May. I'm in a bookkeeping program at Conestoga. I will be taking 1-2 classes per semester. There are 14 classes in the program, so it might take me awhile to finish it.
    I hoping to finish by the time we are done having kids so I can quit my current job and get a 9-5 job.
    Mommy to Annalynne (06/10) and Phoenix (02/12)

just wanted to bump this up since the new school year has started!

im in my grad year of Rec and Leisure at conestoga
    Nathaniel 02/07 & Brysin 01/10

I finished biopsych and did Medical Ethics over the summer. That was pretty easy, there's no facts only bullshit, so yay. haha.

I signed on for two classes this semester and I'm already behind. All my other classes have been one chapter of text a week, both of these are two. :/ One is on campus and one is online. Developmental Psych I and Health Psych.
    Jen, full of weasels

Quote Originally Posted by PikaJen View Post
    I finished biopsych and did Medical Ethics over the summer. That was pretty easy, there's no facts only bullshit, so yay. haha.

I signed on for two classes this semester and I'm already behind. All my other classes have been one chapter of text a week, both of these are two. :/ One is on campus and one is online. Developmental Psych I and Health Psych.
    Are you going to conestoga..who is your dev psych teacher.
    Nathaniel 02/07 & Brysin 01/10

Nope, I'm at Laurier. I can't recall her name, with the course being online there is very little interaction with the prof.
    Jen, full of weasels