Default How did you ask them to be God Parents?

It's about time I stop procrastinating and call to see when I can have DS baptized. He's 4.5, and is attending Catholic School. I want to have it done before he starts grade 1 so that he can participate in First Communion and such with his classmates. In the beginning, I was honouring his Father (who was not catholic) by not having it done, but I've decided that its an important part of our family and our traditions, and I would like to have it done.

I know who I want to be his God Parents...but I don't want to just send my friend a BBM message and say 'Hey! I was wondering if you would be Jake's God Mother" yk? I kinda wanna make it special/important.

eta: I would never in a million years consider asking her on BBM, for what its worth. It was just an example lol
    Last edited by Meg; 11-27-2010 at 03:56 AM.
    Meg
    mama to j

We called the people that we asked and told them we'd thought about it carefully and decided they were who we wanted to be the God parents and hoped they'd agree to it.

When you say you want to make it special do you mean by how you ask them? Or by giving them something meaningful?

We help out with Baptisms at our church and have had a few kids that age. It's neat when the child is old enough to understand a bit more. I hope everything goes well with asking the God Mother!
    SAHM to R (Feb/05) and C (Feb/07) and (Dec/10)

I have a godson in Ohio. The way we (myself and my ex) were asked was over a dinner at their home.
    Rachel, mama of 3 BOYS C (9/14/98), Z (9/8/06), E (5/10/08)

We asked our in person, they were delighted. FYI First Communion prep isn't until Grade 2, and depending on where you live it is either done in school (Cambridge schools) or in the evening at the church (Kitchener schools).

Ahhh thanks! I wasn't 100% sure, I didn't start at a Catholic school until grade 6 - prior to that I just too Catechism(sp?) classes at the church.

Regardless, I want to do it sooner rather than later I think.

Thanks for the ideas. I think I may invite her to lunch and ask her there.
    Meg
    mama to j