Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Strawberry Picking - added list of places

Does anyone know when this starts? I haven't heard anything about it yet, and this year I am bound and determined to take Jake.

eta: Here is a list of places from a website posted last year...

Anthony Fay - Strawberries, Raspberries
    RR#2, Breslau, ON. Phone: 519-648-2865. Email: ajdfay@hotmail.com. Directions: Hwy #7 midway between Kitchener & Guelph across from Waterloo Flower. Near Kitchener.

Stoll's Strawberry Field - Strawberries
    Kitchener, ON,. Phone: 519-696-3411. Directions: From Kitchener, take Fisher Hallman east (Reg. Road 58) to Dundee Road (reg Road 12). Left at stop sign to first farm on left. From Ayr, follow Reg Road 50 north to Reg. Road 12. Turn right, watch for signs. Near Kitchener.

Herrle's Country Farm Market - Strawberries, Pumpkins
    1243 Erb's Road, Street, St. Agatha, ON N0B-2L0. Phone: 519-886-7576. Fax: 519-886-1101. Email: info@herries.com.

Nauman's Pumpkins Galore & More - pumpkins, raspberries, winter squash, strawberries, Honey from hives on the farm, and prepicked produce, gift shop, snacks and refreshment stand, restrooms, picnic area, school tours
    3250 Hessen Straasse R.R. #1, St. Clements , ON N0B2M0. Phone: 519-699-5524. Fax: 519-6994601. Email: hnauman@sgci.com. Directions: 7 KM west of the St. Jacobs Farmers Market follow signs from Weber & Benjamin Road in Waterloo Open: Monday to Friday 9 AM to 6 PM Sat. & Sun 9 AM to 6 PM Payment: Cash, Visa/MasterCard.

Megens Family Farm - asparagus, pumpkins, raspberries, winter squash, strawberries, other vegetables, prepicked produce, picnic area, farm animals
    2877 Road 119 (hwy 7) seven minutes south of Stratford, St Marys, ON L8P 1Y8. Phone: 519-284-3199. Fax: 519 284 1250. Email: megens.sereda@quadro.net. Open: Seven days a week 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. Pick your own strawberries - June and July. Payment: Cash, Check. Join us for our annual Strawberry Festival - featuring a farmers' market on the farm, live music, locally produced meats on the barbecue, baked goods, farm animals and more. (ADDED: June 14, 2008)

Walch Strawberries - Strawberries
    Rd 119 #3557, RR#2, Stratford, ON, N5A-6S3. Phone: 519-272-1423. Fax: 519-272-1354. Email: abwalch@orc.ca. Directions: Take hwy 7 & 19 south towards London. We are the first farm outside Stratford city limits on left side just past Embro Road and Ed's Concrete Products. Near Woodstock.
    Last edited by Meg; 06-10-2010 at 03:27 PM.
    Meg
    mama to j

I know Springridge Farms in Halton starts June 10th..... I'm not sure when it starts around here or for that matter where any farms are.

Where is the best place to pick in Cambridge/Kitchener??

Well I'm sure once the weather gets nicer, it will start next week, they needed the rain and now the need some warmth and sun. I love Herrles out Erbs Rd Waterloo by the dump. I used to go to Stoll's but they changed their hours so I couldn't get there. I plan on going next week, probably Wed if anyone wants to come. Of course I'll call on Mon to make sure they are ready.
    Melissa

The Spicy Lady
    Mommy to Sydney March 17 2006 & Noah November 10 2008

bumping cause i added the list
    Meg
    mama to j

Thanks for adding the list!!

YEAH!! It looks like Herrles is open for business, I'll call Monday anyway regarding Strawberries, we need it to warm up a little over the next few days. I'll be going Wed am I think
    Melissa

The Spicy Lady
    Mommy to Sydney March 17 2006 & Noah November 10 2008

I am going to Herrles next week as well.
    Kim
    Mom to 2 boys (ages 7 and 5)!

I am glad I found this post. Thanks Kim for mentioning it this morning at the park. Am I brave to take the kiddos with me! I am sure they will do more eating then picking!
    Amanda
    Momma to - Carter(2006) Sawyer(2008) Maguire(2010)

Typically mid June is when the season starts. I plan on going many times again this year.. I love starwberries!

Quote Originally Posted by CarterandSawyersMom View Post
    I am glad I found this post. Thanks Kim for mentioning it this morning at the park. Am I brave to take the kiddos with me! I am sure they will do more eating then picking!
    Ha ha, they'll love it. \last year my friednd and I took 3 kids, 2, 3.5 and 5.5 and we picked lots and none of the kids ate one or even asked to eat one. We picked on one of the last days so there were slim pickings at times. my friend and I were almost done and remarked how funny it was that none of the kids had eaten any since they all love strawberries and that's what i remember as a kid. not two minutes later I turn around and there is V a good 5 rows over eating the hugest strawberry ever. It was huge and red and juicy and my friend and i agreed best strawberry we wanted to just go over and take it and eat it ourselves ha ha.

They'll have a blast!