Hybrid View

Default School & daycare in Clair Hills area?

My parents are looking at a house in the Clair Hills area and I was just wondering if anyone knew which school he would go to. I think it would be Edna Stabler...but what about Catholic..?

Are there any daycare centres in the area?
    Meg
    mama to j

put the address in here and it will tell you the school

https://www.stswr.ca/Default.aspx
    Kerry
    mom to
    Andrew 1/17/06 and Breanna 5/31/08

Yes, St. Nicholas is the Catholic school and Edna Staebler is the public school. I'm actually trying to transfer my daughter to Edna Staebler for JK because our babysitter is in the area. Both schools have a day care centre attached. I think it is Owl for St. Nicholas and the Y for Edna Staebler. There are lots of in home day cares in the area as well.
    Mommy to Alison (2006) and Katie (2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Ali's Mom View Post
    Yes, St. Nicholas is the Catholic school and Edna Staebler is the public school. I'm actually trying to transfer my daughter to Edna Staebler for JK because our babysitter is in the area. Both schools have a day care centre attached. I think it is Owl for St. Nicholas and the Y for Edna Staebler. There are lots of in home day cares in the area as well.

Hi,

I just found out that I will be working from home soon and I need to find a home daycare in this neighbourhood. How do you know there are lots of home daycares around here? Help!

~selena~
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. only me

Quote Originally Posted by selena_teresa View Post
    Hi,

I just found out that I will be working from home soon and I need to find a home daycare in this neighbourhood. How do you know there are lots of home daycares around here? Help!

~selena~
    My daughter's babysitter is in that neighbourhood. We are actually trying to get her transferred to Edna Staebler for the fall so that she can keep going there since we will be sending our youngest there when I go back to work. Just from her it seems like there are a number of home daycares in the area. I could ask her if she knows anyone with openings or maybe try calling the school to see if they have a list.
    Mommy to Alison (2006) and Katie (2010)

Kerry - I used that and it said there was no catholic school for that neighbourhood. So I was confused.

Thanks ladies! Once I know for sure what we're doing I suppose I should make some calls...
    Meg
    mama to j

Here is a link to the Laurelwood website (where St Nicholas is located). The classifieds sometimes show babysitting.
    http://www.laurelwood.ca/

or maybe Kijiji has home daycares listed too?
    SAHM to R (Feb/05) and C (Feb/07) and (Dec/10)

Also, Waterloo Infant and Toddler Daycare Association isn't far (Fischer Hallman and Erb) and they provide fantastic daycare, nursery school, kindergarten programs. I know they have a half day program for kids still attending kindergarten the other half of the day....but not sure what schools do that still. I just know St Nicholas is alternate days. Both my kids have attended at this daycare and I give them raving reviews!
    SAHM to R (Feb/05) and C (Feb/07) and (Dec/10)

I checked on http://www.daycarebear.ca/

haven't needed anything, but it seemed pretty good.
    hope it helps!
    Mama to Smookie (Feb 2009)
    -----------------------------------
    Three Baltic Amber Necklaces for SALE! PM for details

There's a lot of good schools & daycares in this area, but you must send your kid to the best school. That’s why I asked the ukessays.com people to help me with this and they say that they will publish an article on this very soon.