Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JK Registration

Quote Originally Posted by bratt View Post
    Yeah a lot of schools will be changed already to all day every day. Not sure which schools are going to be every other day.
    Waterloo regional school district has a list. It's seriously small. The change is finished the year Cian and Lauren go to school

Although I suspect it will be easier on them than it would be on Davan.
    Steph, Mommy to D Jan 4, 2009, and C Dec 9, 2010

I'm not too worried about Lauren. I think she'll do fine.
    Rianne

mother to Lauren March 14 2010

KWC Babywearing blog

Find the KWC Babywearing group on Facebook.

This is from the government - what schools will be offering full day, everyday K and when. I believe by 2014 it will be implemented in all schools (unless they are specialized programs like Kids Ability).

http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/kindergarte...tenschools.asp
    Mum to E(26), A(13), J(7)

I love our school. Its one of the last ones to do all day every day kindergarden and they have french immersion. So for the next 2 years JK/SK will all day every other day. And Both the kindergarden teachers are amazing.
    The kids go to Keatsway. Actually our neighbor just moved out if your looking for some place to move. Our street is pretty quite cul-da-sac that backs onto a forest.
    Kate

That sounds lovely. I'll look into the area around that school. We're sadly looking for another rental. Again. So options can be pretty limited.

A is at Laurelwood and we like it there. They have FI. We have friends in Keatsway and they love it there; their daughter is in FI.
    Mum to E(26), A(13), J(7)

Thanks!

I'm starting a little list lol.

Another one I'm curious about is N.A. MacEachern, anybody with kids at that school?

My DD is at JW Gerth and looooves it there. She's in FDK, and doesn't find it to be overwhelming or anything - she adjusted very quickly. She loves her teachers. They also have FI there.

I just want to mention that you don't "have" to send your ds all day, everyday. So what if he's absent once or twice per week? If anyone complains, say you are homeschooling on the off days. It's JK. Not like they are doing any sort of testing or anything. You are his mom. If he needs to stay home some days, so be it!
    As for schools, we have been at Lackner. It was OK, but huge (400 kids).
    We moved and are currently at Mackenzie King. It's small, (less than 200 kids), and we love the personal attention that kids get with the smaller schools. Every teacher in the school knows my kids names (even though they are only in grade 2 and 3)...idk, it's just "homier" at a small school.
    Tracy momma to Angeline(14) Jack (8) Lyla (7)

Yeah, I like the idea of a small school. TBH, the reason I don't want to just keep DD home, is because she'll miss out. I still will if she needs to, but it's much easier if all of the kids are only there 2-3 days a week than if all the kids are there 5 days a week, except her. kwim?

Nobody would say anything anyways, JK is not "mandatory" in Ontario, it's optional. My DD wants to go, and I want to let her go, but I would much prefer a slower introduction to school.