Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default restaurants open on Christmas day

Ok. so this is something I never thought I would ask, lol, but DH and I are thinking of doing something totally different then (our) norm for Christmas day.
    We won't have family around, we are celebrating our xmas with family this coming week, as well as on New yrs.

So anyways, we are going to the theatre to see The Princess and The Frog on xmas day, and thought maybe we would go to a restaurant to eat supper.

I would prefer it to be in Waterloo, not too far from Conestoga Mall, as thats where the movie is.
    Last edited by HepAlien; 12-12-2009 at 12:36 AM.

Good luck finding something, even Tim Hortons is closed Xmas Day so I don't know if you'll find much open.
    Melissa

The Spicy Lady
    Mommy to Sydney March 17 2006 & Noah November 10 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Syd&Noah'smommy View Post
    Good luck finding something, even Tim Hortons is closed Xmas Day so I don't know if you'll find much open.
    Are all timmies here closed on xmas day? London usually keeps 1 or 2 open.

St Catharines always kept one open (I worked Christmas day there).

I know it could be a stretch to find something, but I figure its worth looking.
    DH's family always did Christmas dinner at a restaurant in Brampton every year, then they went to a bar (weird, lol), he said both were always packed. Very foreign concept to me.
    Last edited by HepAlien; 12-12-2009 at 12:36 AM.

I would open the yellow pages and start calling around. Some do special dinners for christmas. Try Golf Steak house.
    Kerry
    mom to
    Andrew 1/17/06 and Breanna 5/31/08

Quote Originally Posted by mumof2monkeys View Post
    I would open the yellow pages and start calling around. Some do special dinners for christmas. Try Golf Steak house.
    alrighty, thats my mission for tomorrow.

TIm Hortons is not always closed on Christmas anymore... The one at Ottawa and Fischer Hallman is open... I noticed that last year...

Quote Originally Posted by Syd&Noah'smommy View Post
    Sarah Mommy to:
    Mya Feb 24/06 and Carmen Jan 7/09

Quote Originally Posted by HepAlien View Post
    Are all timmies here closed on xmas day? London usually keeps 1 or 2 open.

St Catharines always kept one open (I worked Christmas day there).

I know it could be a stretch to find something, but I figure its worth looking.
    DH's family always did Christmas dinner at a restaurant in Brampton every year, then they went to a bar (weird, lol), he said both were always packed. Very foreign concept to me.
    Not sure what restaurants would be open but Club Abstract is always open Christmas night and is PACKED. We don't go anymore but it used to be a tonne of fun

Bingemans is doing Christmas Supper with all the fixings

27.95 buffet for adults and 10.95 per child. decorated and everything.

You will find Chinese food and perhaps other Asian restaurants open. I always find they are busy too.

And I know that some Tim Hortons are open and some aren't, when I lived in Brantford 1 was always open and the line ups were INSANE

Not sure if it is still open...BUT, quite a few years ago when I was in town with my husbands family, we went to Rushes restaurant in the Waterloo Inn for Christmas brunch. It was amazing...a bit $$$ but hey, a special day I don't know if they are still open on Christmas, but it is a hotel, so has a good chance...AND it's high end and a bit schmnacy which is always nice.... Maybe give them a call!
    http://www.waterlooinn.com/html/diningandlounge.html
    Jamie

Mommy to Quin and Bronwen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwynr View Post
    Not sure if it is still open...BUT, quite a few years ago when I was in town with my husbands family, we went to Rushes restaurant in the Waterloo Inn for Christmas brunch. It was amazing...a bit $$$ but hey, a special day I don't know if they are still open on Christmas, but it is a hotel, so has a good chance...AND it's high end and a bit schmnacy which is always nice.... Maybe give them a call!
    http://www.waterlooinn.com/html/diningandlounge.html
    Yes they are open for Christmas day, thanks for posting.
    If we didn't have DD, I would probably drag DH there, lol.
    Doesn't look kid friendly though .

Thanks everyone for the help, I have found a couple open and am going to continue to call around.

I may just cook us a duck at home. Its really strange to me to eat at a restaurant on Christmas, lol, I wanna try something different then what we usually do, but I just don't know if I can eat out on Christmas, we will see.