Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: JW and Mormons?

Default JW and Mormons?

What do you do when they come to your door?

What do you do when you keep saying "sorry not interested" and they still come 2 times a week?
    Bronson 15Quentin 12Abrielle 5Ezykiel 3

Are you a family needing to lose weight? or are you wanting to lose weight? If a yes to either questions email me, I know of a couple programs that are helping families get healthier and singles! Payment plans always available
    http://www.facebook.com/Patricia.ReevesFM

We havent had them here much, but when they come, I tell them that I already have my own belief system which includes some of their beliefs ( I dont know if it actually does, but it seems to keep them more satisfied). My husband does a lot of what Ashleys husband does, when he has time. Once he even invited a young pair of boys to come in and play PS2 with us...lol. He somehow always manages to get them on to other topics...one of which was kung fu...it is quite humorous. A lot of time time I dont even answer the door.
    One time when I was a new mom, I was walking to the Fairview mall with connor and these two youngish 18 or so boys walked up to me and started walking with me, telling me all about their beliefs, they were polite and kind, but to me, it freaked me out! They even asked for my phone number so they could call us sometime and come over and talk to me and Paul...I gave them the wrong number...they wouldn't take NO for an answer. I surely will burn for that one! LOL
    Rachel, mama of 3 BOYS C (9/14/98), Z (9/8/06), E (5/10/08)

Sometimes, I will tell them I am not interested, seeing as I already have my own faith. Other times I try to ask them why they believe the way they do, I have even gotten my Bible out and debated things they have said. Yet a few times I will not answer the door.
    Kerry
    mother of
    James June 2005
    Naomi Dec 2006

Gah. I consider this such an invasion of privacy! ANYONE who comes to my door, no matter what they want to harrass me about (religion, charity, magazines, whatever) is either ignored or told politely but firmly, no thank you. If I want to buy something or make a charitable donation or shop for a religion, I know how to get the information I need.
    Disagreement does NOT mean disrespect.

Quote Originally Posted by hecate View Post
    Gah. I consider this such an invasion of privacy! ANYONE who comes to my door, no matter what they want to harrass me about (religion, charity, magazines, whatever) is either ignored or told politely but firmly, no thank you. If I want to buy something or make a charitable donation or shop for a religion, I know how to get the information I need.
    I completely agree! I'm sick of telling people to take a hike... If I'm interested in a religion I'll go to you... leave me alone! I have better things to do with my time! Like chat on Waterloo moms!!! LOL
    Lynn
    SAHM to

Nicole May/05
    Bryce Nov/06
    Benjamin Aug/08

http://patchwork-butterfly.blogspot.com/

http://www.facebook.com/patchworkbutterfly

Telemarketers are equally annoying! I've had the JWs showing up at my door quite a bit this school year. It started with me having to answer the door b/c my Block Parent sign was up. I made the mistake of carrying on a number of conversations with them, and they just kept coming back. One of them even commented about knowing I'm home b/c my BP sign was in the window. I actually (sadly!) took my sign down for a while in order to avoid the visits, and was then able to leave them standing outside, without answering. Apparently I'm unique to have this problem as a BP, but if they return, I'll be letting them know that I don't appreciate them taking advantage of my sign being up and that I don't wish to be visited again. B/c of the sign, if they come again thereafter, I'll be threatening a phone call to their church and even to the police, if necessary. The Mormons have just started with our neighbourhood and when my 9 yo. son saw them coming around the street, he made a mad dash for the door and barricaded it...lol!
    Janette

Mom to Brandon (13) and Evan (10)
    Brandon deals with severe environmental allergies, and although Evan seems to have outgrown a horrid and long-lasting bout of reflux, we're still dealing with tonnes of delays, a learning disability, and sensory issues, caused by micro-duplication of 2q22.3 to 2q23.2.

I am dealing with answering the door one time and taking the papers. Now this lady is here 2 to 3 times a week.

She has been doing this since Aug. I always look busy when she is at the door, and always says." oops sorry you look busy, did I catch you at a bad time, and I won't stay long"

I says sorry I am busy and I have my own faith.
    I am nice because she always has her kids with her. That really drives me crazy, as those poor kids don't need to see a me go crazy on her mother.

Now I see her at the door and I just don't answer it, I know she knows I am home, but just don't care anymore.

Today I used my labeller and made a sign and placed it on my door. Lets hope she gets the hint. As I really don't want to be rude and nasty infront of those innocent kids

Are you a family needing to lose weight? or are you wanting to lose weight? If a yes to either questions email me, I know of a couple programs that are helping families get healthier and singles! Payment plans always available

and she would have a heart attack comming into my home anyways. My husband is a HUGE fan of some heavy metal bands, and is inlove with movies. so he has the family room, and the walls are covered with music and movie posters. Most of them have been signed by the artist. My fav one is Braveheart signed by entire cast.

They are all in professional frames, no worry no tape....lol

I couls just imagine the talk she would have when she saw marilyn manson on my walls......lol

Quote Originally Posted by freedomnow35 View Post
    I am dealing with answering the door one time and taking the papers.
    That's exactly how it started for me, too. I guess they must think we're interested more than we are, simply b/c we were being polite.
    Janette

Mom to Brandon (13) and Evan (10)
    Brandon deals with severe environmental allergies, and although Evan seems to have outgrown a horrid and long-lasting bout of reflux, we're still dealing with tonnes of delays, a learning disability, and sensory issues, caused by micro-duplication of 2q22.3 to 2q23.2.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomnow35 View Post
    and she would have a heart attack comming into my home anyways. My husband is a HUGE fan of some heavy metal bands, and is inlove with movies. so he has the family room, and the walls are covered with music and movie posters. Most of them have been signed by the artist. My fav one is Braveheart signed by entire cast.

They are all in professional frames, no worry no tape....lol

I couls just imagine the talk she would have when she saw marilyn manson on my walls......lol
    I think I love your husband! LOL
    and the no tape comment had me almost fallin off my chair laughing!
    Rachel, mama of 3 BOYS C (9/14/98), Z (9/8/06), E (5/10/08)