Default price matching for groceries

I use coupons as often as I can and since I only like to go to one store to do my groceries, I am starting to think I should be price matching. I know no frills matches but does zehrs? How do I do this? Tips? Tricks to make it easier? Are there things I can't match like boneless chicken breast? Tell me everything!

Zehrs doesn't pricematch. I usually go to walmart or freshco. Freshco actually beats the price by a cent. I know walmart pricematches meat as well. If you want some good tips, go check out mrsjanuary.com
    Rianne

mother to Lauren March 14 2010

KWC Babywearing blog

Find the KWC Babywearing group on Facebook.

Freshco is my go to store. But they will only price match two items per checkout, after that you pay their price. Freshco will not price match Shoppers only grocery stores and you must have the flyers with you. mrs january is a great site!!
    Jenn mom to K March 2007 and E October 2008

I'm pretty sure I have pricematched more then 2 things at freshco.
    Rianne

mother to Lauren March 14 2010

KWC Babywearing blog

Find the KWC Babywearing group on Facebook.

Freshco wont price match pharmacys as someone mentioned. I am pretty sure we have price matched more than 2 things. I believe No Frills also price matches but Freshco is also our go to store.
    Mum to E(26), A(13), J(7)

I price match at No Frills only. I found that to be the best store. I avoid Walmart at all cost because I can never find what I want from the ads and they just seem to be too deceitful for me. Freshco would only allow me two of any particular price matched item while No Frills has no limit. I can use ANY ad at No Frills as long as it's a fairly local store. They will match Shoppers and Canadian Tire even!

Generally what I do is go through all the flyers and make headings for each store and then list what I want from each store under that heading. I TRY to place things in my cart according to the store I'm matching so that when I get to the till, I just put all the items from each store on the belt with the corresponding ad. I also make sure that I put the page number and price on my list so that I can quickly inform the cashier, if need be, since people behind you in line can start to groan and roll their eyes if things start looking complicated. LOL

Many times No Frills will already have dropped their prices on items that are popularly ad-matched, it seems. There have been several times when I tried to match a competitor's price and it's already been reduced by NF.

Go for it! I LOVE it and it does save time! The only drawback is that sometimes that same exact product is not available at those stores - probably to avoid price matching! I have never done meat, simply because I don't buy fresh meat from grocery stores, but I have heard that they will match. Maybe you could just ask someone before you load your cart up with the packages, only to find out that they won't honor that.

Have fun!
    Helping people live naturally, go green and stay healthy from their cleaners to body care to their kitchens! www.watkinsonline.com/mjweinhardt

Sorry I meant that Freshco will only price match two of one item.
    Jenn mom to K March 2007 and E October 2008

I price match all the time at No Frills because it is very close to where I live. When the flyers come in I take a small piece of paper and write the name of the store, underline it. I list the items I want from their including the size and price. When I have finished with a store I draw a line across the paper below the list. I write the name of the next store and repeat the process until done. If I find a later store has the same item for an even cheaper price, I simply cross out the first listing on my paper. I keep my list in the front console of my car and the flyers containing all the items I was interested in go in my green bin in the trunk.. This way I am always prepared for that quick run to a grocery store. When shopping, the flyers go on the front of the shopping cart where little ones typically sit and my list stays on top. When I come to an item I am going to price match, I take the applicable flyer, place it in my cart, and put the iten(s) on top of the flyer. This way everything stays organized for fast checkout. When you check out, be sure to keep each store separate on the belt with the applicanle flyer, opened to the page of a price matched item. Meat is a tricky thing to price match. It can be done but take care to notice how the item is packaged, not just the cut of meat. Ex. If the flyer shows a vacuum packed roast, then you need to make sure you are matching with a vacuum packed roast as this does impact price/lb which meat pricing is based on. Another thing... Don't forget about asking for rain checks if an item is not unstock. I price match religiously and have never had a bad experience of customers behind me in line growing impatient with me because it is streamlined and orderly.

I did it and it went really well! Similar to you Tanya-Mae I organized it all. The only item that took awhile was baby food because she had to price match each jar. I haven't done it again yet but after shopping at zehrs today I think I'll give it another try next weekend at no frills