PDA

View Full Version : Meeting the kids--- HELPHELPHELP

tinkandnuggetsmom
02-16-2012, 10:37 PM
So I am seeing this guy.. Ive known him forever.. My kids adore him they have known him there whole lives so hes not someone new so he eased into coming over more often with out any issues from the kids..

NOW here's my stress.. Next weekend, hes bringing his 2 kids to my house for the weekend.. I have never meet them.. He has told me his oldest daughter shes 7 is crazy protective and doesn't like daddy dating.. She has only ever meet one of his girlfriends and that was a few years ago. And his daughter did not like her and was very mean to her..

I really want her to like me and I'm stressing out that she won't or that her and my kids will not get alone.. he says his other 2 are easy going they are 4 and 2.

To me meeting the kids is serious. Until this guy, my kids haven't seen me cuddle with anyone but there dads. So I know by me meeting his kids and us having are kids together this is a big deal... I'm stressing out.. He wants us to have a future together. but what if his daughter hates me :( I knew he wont break up with me over it, but I've never even thought a kid would hate me. Kids love me.

snowrose
02-17-2012, 04:54 AM
It's just my opinion but I'd suggest that both of you just treat it as a playdate for the kids. Let the kids get to know and enjoy each other and then you can see where things go from there.

Good luck!

tinkandnuggetsmom
02-17-2012, 09:43 AM
thank you

cutiesmom
02-23-2012, 12:33 AM
I agree with tinkandnuggetsmom, don't put it out there in front of the kids that you are "dating" Let her get to know you as a person/friend first and it could make all the difference.

Bethikinz
02-23-2012, 02:08 AM
Maybe you should start with a shorter time period. A few hours instead of a whole weekend might be a better way to ease in to things for everyone.

KatieS
05-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Though part of me agrees with the concept of spending time together as two families, and not letting on about the 'dating', I have to say that is how my father introduced his new girlfriend to myself and my sister - and I felt tricked and lied to for a long time after I found out that they had been dating the whole time. So, I would tread carefully with that idea - just my opinion :)

tinkandnuggetsmom
05-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Though part of me agrees with the concept of spending time together as two families, and not letting on about the 'dating', I have to say that is how my father introduced his new girlfriend to myself and my sister - and I felt tricked and lied to for a long time after I found out that they had been dating the whole time. So, I would tread carefully with that idea - just my opinion :)

thanks, It worked well for us for the first weekend. the kids were great, when they came 2 weeks later we told them everything and they were fine with it. Maybe because they were so little