PDA

View Full Version : Update 2: the date that almost wasnt

Meg
12-02-2011, 03:17 AM
See update 1 for the beginning of the story: http://forum.waterloo-moms.ca/showthread.php?t=8352

So, he added me to BBM and we've been talking for a while. He asked me if I wanted to go out for dinner sometime this week, and really...right now evenings are hard. Especially until exams are over...so I proposed lunch.

We were supposed to go today, but I had to stick around the house due to construction stuff going on in the backyard...and I'm getting sick. So we decided to wait a bit. He's going to call me sometime tomorrow...which I'm not thrilled about...I HATE talking on the phone.

I think I'm going to see if we can do coffee instead of lunch/dinner...seems a lot less scary to me. I'm a big huge ball of nerves. Picture this: first date jitters & butterflies the size of your head....magnified x 1000. At least with coffee I can cut it short if I want to...whereas lunch/dinner isn't easy at all.

KitchenerMom
12-02-2011, 03:20 AM
Coffee is way easier! I hate eating infront of people I just met.. but that could be me. I ditto the coffee.. If its not going well you can go anytime and dont have to wait for a bill and dont have to wait for someone to finish eating..

ontario_gyrl
12-02-2011, 03:29 AM
i am with Courtney..............Coffee dates are better, they can last as long as you want and can be more casual

Emilysofiasmom
12-02-2011, 03:52 AM
i'm excited for you!!
i miss dating and will live vicariously through you ;)

Meg
12-02-2011, 03:54 AM
Ugh, seriously? Wanna do it for me? lol I really, really just wish I could skip this step and go right to about 6 months in to the relationship.

Bethikinz
12-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Make the coffee date at a time that could roll in to dinner if things go really well.

KitchenerMom
12-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Make the coffee date at a time that could roll in to dinner if things go really well.

oooh thats a good idea!

Prid5
12-02-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm going with Yay coffee date too! :) Good Luck Meg!