PDA

View Full Version : Update 1: Holy Moly

Meg
11-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Oh man, so at MNO I said I would update on the online dating thing...so here I am.

I joined on the 17th.

Later that day someone initiated the guided conversation with me. He seemed nice, met most of my "requirements" (I use that term loosely...they're more like....extra points if he went to school, has a job, is older than 22 etc). He has a son, who is jus under a year younger than J.

We made it through the guided conversation to a point where you can use their e-mail system to talk rather than giving out your personal e-mail address. We've exchanged a few, and so far it's pretty comfortable.

He asked about J's dad, asked about my relationship with him, challenges I find with parenting/dating as a parent. I decided to be honest with him (but not too honest...yk?) I said that his dad has passed away while I was pregnant. He asked some more questions, but clearly said from the beginning that if they were too personal, he would understand.

We talked about dating and his philosophy on it, and his approach seems to be on the same wavelength as mine.

Anyway, thats where we are now. I agreed to add him to BBM so we can talk more, but this way he doesn't have my phone number, email address or anything like that.

So thats where we are now. :)

ontario_gyrl
11-22-2011, 05:05 PM
that sounds good!!
you should try to set up a coffee date with him and see how things go face-to face

Bronwynr
11-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Sounds fun! As much as I love my hubby... those first dates etc. with someone new can be soooo exciting! Fingers crossed you guys click! Only time will tell.

Prid5
11-22-2011, 06:44 PM
sounds like a great start so far!

erinladybug
11-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Great start. :)

Don't be afraid to eventually have a phone convo. That's how Adam and I really started to click.

pinkskates
11-22-2011, 07:13 PM
I did online dating for years. I met some real winners. I met some great guys. Two I still keep in contact with!

My husband and I met online - kind of a cute story but I won't step on your excitement! I think it's great way.

Good luck to you! One piece of advice I would like to give to you is to not get too discourage if this (I'm assuming first) one doesn't work out. There are many, many, many others out there!

Krip
11-22-2011, 07:48 PM
All of this sounds so promsing! I know quite a few to find their other half's online! good luck!

snowrose
11-22-2011, 08:45 PM
It sounds like a really good start. It's promising that he was concerned about your relationship with J's dad. Makes me think family is important to him.

If you decide to meet, make sure someone knows where you are going. Only start out with a short meeting in a public place, more so neither of you feel trapped. And you might arrange to call a friend after the 15 min/half an hour meeting is over, so they're expecting your call.

(That said, DH and I were so enamored with each other the day we met that our first meeting actually lasted about 14 hours! We started out meeting at a coffee shop in Covent Garden in downtown London (ON) and got on together so well that we walked all around Covent Garden for a few hours, then we walked to Victoria Park, then walked to dinner at Mongolian Grill, walked back to Covent Garden, and finally took separate cars to see a movie over at Masonville Place.)

maureen
11-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Sounds promising!
And it sounds like they have a good system in place for starting to get to know someone new.
Good luck!