PDA

View Full Version : Air Cadets

Christine
03-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Anyone have their kids enrolled in air cadets? I was in it for one year when I was 16 and enjoyed it, would have probably enjoyed it more if I had joined when I was younger though. I showed Bryan a pamphlet for it this morning and he's totally psyched to join! :)

Brenda
03-03-2009, 04:05 PM
My daughter joined when she was 12. She went to the one in Breslau by the airport. She learned a lot and really liked it. The best part for her was gliding and the survival weekends. There are some great summer camp opportunities as well. She gave it up last year because she had too many things going on but she got a lot out of it while she was there. My son can't wait to start. We had really good experiences with air cadets.

ecomomma
03-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Tell me more please! My dd might be interested in something like this. What's involved (ie cost, uniforms etc?)

Christine
03-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Awesome! Do you know who we contact to register them? I couldn't really find it on the site, or maybe I missed it...

www.cadets.ca

Sprite74
03-03-2009, 08:48 PM
I was in sea cadets from the age of 13 - 17 (started college). I made friends there that I still have today. It was a great experience and kept me out of alot of trouble and I learned alot. When I was in cadets it was nothing to join or for the uniforms. The summer camps are great and cost nothing as well or at least the didn't use to.

Bethikinz
03-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Our one son is really keen to join cadets. I don't think it's air cadets, though. He's turning 12 next month, so we will be looking to start him in the fall at the armory in Kitchener on East Avenue. My co-worker's daughter has been in it for a number of years, and loves it.

Christine
03-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Our one son is really keen to join cadets. I don't think it's air cadets, though. He's turning 12 next month, so we will be looking to start him in the fall at the armory in Kitchener on East Avenue. My co-worker's daughter has been in it for a number of years, and loves it.

That's the one that we're going to take Bryan to. I actually got an email back from them today and we're heading over this Monday to register him. :)

Bethikinz
04-02-2009, 04:35 PM
How is Bryan liking it so far?

Duncan turns 12 on Tuesday, so we're going to take him on Wednesday to give it a try.

Christine
04-10-2009, 02:38 AM
He's really enjoying it! in two weeks they're going up in gliders. and I think next weekend they are doing community service for Cancer research. So far, so good!

Bethikinz
04-11-2009, 01:33 AM
Duncan enjoyed the first day. I wasn't quite sure if he was ready, but he seems very keen to go again next week. He's even willing to get his hair cut!

Christine
04-11-2009, 02:13 AM
that's great! I should tell Bryan to look out for him. He doesn't know any one there yet and is a little on the shy side. :)