PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Strong Start?

momofthreecuties
10-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Today my son's treacher gave me the sheet of paper to enrol my ds (gr 1) in Strong Start. Does anyone have any experience with the program?

I went to their website and it talks about kids not knowing their letters and which sounds they make. My son has known this since jk. The teacher has expressed to me that he is at the bottom of the class but not much more then that. He seems to be able to learn all the words they have been learning (he can spell all 20 words they have learned so far.)

Anyway, I think it is a good program and any help is a good thing. Just wondering if anyone has BTDT. Thanks

tinkandnuggetsmom
10-12-2011, 03:48 PM
my DD was in it last year, It really help her learn to read and how to sound out words. She really enjoyed it and is looking forward to this years program.

PMTT
10-12-2011, 04:33 PM
We've never utilized the service but it is an amazing program! It gives the children that extra 1 on 1 time with an adult that is trained in the program!

ronaldsmom
10-13-2011, 02:04 PM
It's an awesome program and helps kids learn to read, or improve their reading skills. I would never turn down an opportunity for extra help for my kids so I would jump at the chance. :) Volunteers are trained so they know how to effectively teach the program. It's great! I know your son will show a lot of improvement with it. :)

Tanya-Mae
11-26-2011, 05:33 AM
I worked as a volunteer when my daughter was young. My son participated in the program/ It is a good one.