PDA

View Full Version : Homeschoolers can I pick your brain?

Karen
08-29-2011, 11:34 PM
Hi everyone

I am in the process of organizing our Sept homeschool group meeting and we are going to have a panel discussion around planning your homeschool year.

I hope to have a diverse panel with an unschooler/natural learner, someone does unit studies, someone who is eclectic and someone who follows a structured approach (ie classical/boxed curriculum) so that there is a bit for everyone.

If you were coming to this meeting, what sorts of questions would you like to have the panel answer?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Karen

Shiraz
08-29-2011, 11:38 PM
I'd like to know:
-Where do parents find inspiration for new lessons?
-What are good places for fields trips and how can they be tied into lessons?
-What do you suggest for lessons that might be best in group format?
-What do you suggest for lessons that require considerable amount of equipment, such as science lab activities?

Hope that helps :)

Karen
08-29-2011, 11:40 PM
I'd like to know:
-Where do parents find inspiration for new lessons?
-What are good places for fields trips and how can they be tied into lessons?
-What do you suggest for lessons that might be best in group format?
-What do you suggest for lessons that require considerable amount of equipment, such as science lab activities?

Hope that helps :)

It does - thanks!
Karen

smookies_mama
08-30-2011, 12:10 AM
OMGosh...I'm not going to homeschool (not for lack of interest -- it's lack of sheer patience and determination!)...but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to read up on everyone's thoughts and ideas.

I'm not sending Smook to preschool, because 1) I don't have that type of cash and 2) because if I'm home with her full time and am not having anymore kids, I feel I should be the one responsible for her "education". She's an absolute sponge with vocabulary -- I'm just finding it really hard to figure out what to 'teach' a 2.5yr old. I plan to work mainly from seasons and holiday type activities...but would love some really unstructured approaches.

Can't wait!

dragonfly76
08-30-2011, 12:39 AM
i'd ask about kids with special needs... what kinds of things are available, support groups, modified curriculum, etc... if they were running a group how they would include them, etc...

not sure if that helps...

Karen
08-31-2011, 03:44 PM
Thanks ladies!