PDA

View Full Version : Organic blueberries!!!

SAHM23BOYS
08-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Ladies, I just came back from the most amazing blueberry picking experience!! If you are still wanting to go picking, you HAVE to try this place! There's no name for it, as far as I know, but they are large, beautiful, plentiful and ORGANIC blueberries!! There were so many and so large that it didn't take us very long at all to fill our pails. I took the boys and my sister-in-law brought her 8 month old in a stroller and it was fine. The rows are mowed grass and the bushes are about 6 feet, but very easy to pick from.

The berries are $3.00/lb and it was approximately $21.00 for one of their picking pails. You have to take your own containers to transport your berries home, but you can use their pails to pick.

Take Hwy7/8 just past New Hamburg. Turn left on Walker Road (just past the No Frills on the left) and go for about 2-3km. Turn right on Bean Road and you'll see the sign on the left just down the way. Hours are 8am to 2pm. The guy told us today that they think they'll be open through Labour Day Weekend.

WARNINGS:
1. No washroom facilities so have the little ones go before you head out and don't have that second coffee yourself in the morning (LOL!!)
2. You'll be tempted to keep picking because it's so easy and the berries are sooo delicious so be sure you have enough CASH on hand and have the willpower to walk away when your pail is full. :)

Bethikinz
08-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Mmmmmmmm I think my mom has picked there before. I might have to see if we can fit that in this week!

knhoward
08-23-2011, 10:14 PM
It's Walker's organic blueberry farm. It does have a porta potty because my ds had to use it. It's a great place! We've already been twice.

Eta they take cheques if you don't want to carry so much cash.

ontario_gyrl
08-24-2011, 01:42 AM
i think i will have to go check this place out...........very close to me

ecomomma
08-24-2011, 02:26 AM
Thanks! Sounds like an outing with the kids tomorow!