PDA

View Full Version : Facebook

freedomnow35
03-04-2011, 11:01 PM
DO your teens have facebook and if yes, do you require to have the password and approve of all their friends?

Christine
03-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Ours has facebook. we have his password so he knows we can check it at any time. we haven't had any issues with him on there. Actually, one of his friend's brother told him that people who post all the time on fb are just looking for attention, so since then, he's hardly on. lol :)

freedomnow35
03-04-2011, 11:10 PM
HAHAHA

Darn man, tell him I am always on facebook, min 1 to 2 hrs a day working......

Bronson knows that we can check anytime also, and we do check it. So far so good!

ecomomma
03-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Yes my oldest has it with the following conditions: I know the password, we are "friends", no photo's and she can't befriend anyone who she isn't friends with irl.

Tanya-Mae
03-13-2011, 06:02 AM
My daughter has it. I am her fb friend and have access to her account. I have not had any issues with her yet.

nateandbrysmomma
03-13-2011, 01:25 PM
its great you do that, my cousin, who is 17, wasnt allowed on untill about a year ago. worst thing her parents ever did...

i was not very impressed last week when i went ti invite her for lunch and on her profile, was a picture of someones chest..i kinda laid into her...but never told her parents...

she is lucky im the first one to see it..our grandfathrer..well he would not have been very impressed...lol.

Prid5
03-13-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm a rule follower and I think the min. age is 13 so no accounts yet for the kids. I suppose when my son hits 13 this fall if he wants an account, I will let him. With the condition that I have the password and we're friends and he only friends family and friends IRL. I don't suspect he will even want an account though.
My cousins girls have accounts though. One is 9 and the other is 15. It's nice to be able to see them and talk to them since we don't get to see them that often and I haven't seen anything too questionable on their pages yet. I don't have a problem saying anything to them if I see something.

Mom22
03-24-2011, 02:43 AM
My daughter is 14, she doesn't have fb account yet, but will be getting one in the summer. Conditions are: I have access to the account, only friends IRL and she has to go through the Facbook 101, which I will be administering :)

Also wanted to mention that Privacy settings changed on FB, so if you haven't checked them in a last couple of months you might be very surprised about your settings. Go and check them over.

pinksparkles
04-11-2011, 09:04 PM
My son has FB and just has friends from school and my family. I am not his friend though.

I know some friends kids make a "parent" FB profile and then have the real one so their parents do not see what they are up to. Kids are so internet savvy that they know all of the tricks. It's so scary!

Bethikinz
05-09-2011, 08:18 PM
My sons all have fb. I just realized yesterday that my 14 year old step son has me as a limited profile friend. A while ago he had written something on his wall about school. When I questioned him about it I guess he changed what I can see. I'm going to talk to my SO about that tonight. It probably will result in some more sulking (of which we're seeing A LOT of lately), but I'm not comfortable with not being able to check up on him.

Bethikinz
05-10-2011, 02:59 PM
My sons all have fb. I just realized yesterday that my 14 year old step son has me as a limited profile friend. A while ago he had written something on his wall about school. When I questioned him about it I guess he changed what I can see. I'm going to talk to my SO about that tonight. It probably will result in some more sulking (of which we're seeing A LOT of lately), but I'm not comfortable with not being able to check up on him.

Well it went much easier than expected. We explained the reasons why and he changed it right away. Now why can't all of these kinds of things go so well??

lcheal
05-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Well it went much easier than expected. We explained the reasons why and he changed it right away. Now why can't all of these kinds of things go so well??

Well that's good!!