PDA

View Full Version : teens and parenting

mom
02-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Id love to know if there are meet up groups on teens and parenting. It,s tough now a days to understand or relate to their way of thinking. some wont open up and others wont shush up lol. There has to be more comunication and less friction between a parent and there children!! If theres a group out there pls. email me or post on here thanx mom who cares!!
:confused::)
elvisskater112@hotmail.com:

Leslie
02-08-2009, 04:07 AM
I don't know of any groups but just wanted to mention that I have a 16 year old myself!

Be happy to chat anytime!

Christine
02-09-2009, 01:39 AM
My son is turning 13 in May and so far, he's pretty good at talking and opening up with us.....as well as eating us out of house and home! :)

My daughter on the other hand is only 9 but thinks she's 18! She's the one I'm worried about right now!

Dimoe
02-09-2009, 01:43 AM
My son is turning 13 in May and so far, he's pretty good at talking and opening up with us.....as well as eating us out of house and home! :)

My daughter on the other hand is only 9 but thinks she's 18! She's the one I'm worried about right now!

I have a daughter that is turning 11 in July so far we are good. A little attitude from time to time but open communication.

Donna
02-09-2009, 11:00 AM
My 'wee' ones are now 21 & 18 (boys) and 16 year old daughter. Boys are definately a lot easier to raise than girls IMO, but the 'guy' gene can be frustrating for a mom to deal with at times. I agree the girls want to be older a lot faster than the boys and its scarry. I have to say thought, that I've lucked out and my kids are growing into wonderful adults and are a blessing.... must of the time :)

freedomnow35
02-17-2009, 04:01 AM
my son is 13 in april, and ohhh my, I think I am gray now....lol

the got a answer for everything and won't stop talking back, OHHH MYYY, was I like that??

You know the peanut tv show, when the parents talk you hear waaa waaa waaa, that is what I hear sometimes when is talking back..........lol

Christine
02-17-2009, 12:05 PM
my son is 13 in april, and ohhh my, I think I am gray now....lol

the got a answer for everything and won't stop talking back, OHHH MYYY, was I like that??

You know the peanut tv show, when the parents talk you hear waaa waaa waaa, that is what I hear sometimes when is talking back..........lol

LOL - My son is going to be 13 in May and thank goodness he's not like this....yet! My 9 year old is more like your son! Seems though, that they take turns with their behaviour. When one is behaving well, the one is going through their 'thing' and then vice versa! :)

hecate
03-06-2009, 02:15 AM
To the OP - I can recommend some reading that might be helpful - Do you have a boy or a girl who is a teenager?