PDA

View Full Version : dad wants dna test

boat_tipper
10-26-2010, 08:58 PM
When I told him I was expecting I offered a dna test. Nothing more was said of it till my daughter was a week old. Dad is now dating someone else who he has admitted will leave him once the test proves he is the father. Our daughter is now 2 months old and I brought up the subject of child support. I did not ask before as I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. He will not pay support without a dna test and he is avoiding the test to keep his girlfriend. So, who pays for the test?

cales76
10-26-2010, 09:25 PM
I think you would need to speak to the child support people to get the right advice for this. I don't know if if you have to prove he is or he has to disprove he is and who is liable for it.I am sure it is a situation that won't be new to them. Sorry you are having to go through this but whether the dad's girlfriend leaves him or not due to the results is not your concern. Hope you get the right advice soon and

mom2girls
10-26-2010, 09:33 PM
You need to talk to a lawyer now. If you can't afford one, apply for legal aid. The sooner you get started, the sooner you may see some support coming.

ontario_gyrl
10-26-2010, 11:03 PM
I would go talk to a lawyer, or you might even be able to call the family responsibility office (FRO) and get that info from them.
http://www.accesson.ca/en/mcss/programs/familyResponsibility/index.aspx

And im also pretty sure that if the father is disputing being the father, he pays

That is so unfair to you for him to be putting you through this, its not your fault that his GF will leave him for being a dad

Krip
10-27-2010, 12:07 AM
I know there is some of this happening within my family right now.

If he wants the DNA test he is to pay for it. but you need to get a lawyer right now.