PDA

View Full Version : the first meeting

Meg
01-27-2013, 11:34 PM
I need ideas.

J and BF need to meet eventually, and I'm thinking it should happen in the next few weeks.

I'm looking for the most low-stress, easy ideas for the first meeting. Something to take the pressure off so we can all have a good time. I know I'm going to be freaking out inside, and so will BF. J will be oblivious, except for the fact that this dude will be hanging out with us lol I'm worried he may act out a bit, but its understandable given the situation I think.

I was thinking maybe Funworx so the boy can play, and then we can do the arcade and mini golf together? Does anyone have any other suggestions? Any advice is appreciated!

Meghan
01-27-2013, 11:37 PM
I like the funworx idea...or something else fun and interactive.....maybe even bowling? Funworx sounds like a winner though :) Good luck

Meg
01-27-2013, 11:47 PM
Thanks Meghan! :) I appreciate the input.

This is super nerve-wracking and exciting all at once lol

ontario_gyrl
01-28-2013, 12:53 AM
its soooo hard for the first time!!

i agree tho, something interactive for sure......sledding, bowling, even the museum would work

snowrose
01-28-2013, 07:21 AM
I was going to suggest glow-in-the-dark mini golf myself, so Funworx would fit that bill.

erinladybug
01-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Woo hoo! on the BF, I had no idea. Where have I been? lol

As far as first meetings. I kinda prefer to do them at home, as it's less of a "big deal", it's casual and there's some mutual interest stuff they can do. With Adam he did come over for Easter dinner for their first meeting, but the dinner was very casual. Just the 4 of us.

The boys then played video games and we all hung out.

The other times they met boyfriends (twice), we also just hung out at home and played video games. Where there's interaction, but also if they feel uncomfortable, it's kind of ok to be in your own world for a minute. Know what I mean?

Good luck with whatever you choose. :) I'm sure it will go fine.

Meg
01-28-2013, 03:48 PM
The only problem with doing it at home is we still live with my parents. I want the two of them to meet before he meets my parents, and I can't guarantee that they won't be here if he comes over.

Thank you! You haven't been anywhere ;) It's not something I've talked about much lately, and not really on fb at all. It's still relatively new, but it's going really well :)

erinladybug
01-28-2013, 11:20 PM
Ahh, yes, Parents could be a problem if that meeting isn't happening yet. I forgot. Hmmm.

Does J know he's meeting moms new friend? Does he have any suggestions about what he would like to do?

Eastcoastmomma!!
01-29-2013, 02:54 PM
My suggestion would be to have him meet you there, it may become awkward if your son has to get in a car with a starnge friend of mommys. I can personally remember that moment, meeting my now step-mom, for the first time.

Meg
01-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Oh he'll absolutely meet us there!

I told J about him last night...just that he was my friend and that we were going to hang out with him sometime soon. He seems excited...his only concern was whether or not BF likes angry birds lol Looks like bowling or mini-golf/the arcade/funworx are the options so far.

Eastcoastmomma!!
01-29-2013, 04:46 PM
Well you better tell him to google it so he knows what hes talking about ahahah!! And im glad to hear things are going well!

ness_xoxo
02-01-2013, 03:52 AM
I think bowling would be a great idea. Bowling alleys are usually so casual and not as CRAZY busy as Funworx can be. Then it's 3 on 3 time while doing something fun in the process together. :) I like Victoria Bowl :)