PDA

View Full Version : Role call!

Leslie
12-30-2008, 01:02 AM
Post here if you are a single mama...how long has it been and do you have a new partner now? Struggles...joys...share them both!

Meg
01-19-2009, 01:14 AM
I'll be the first.

I've been a single mom since I was 6 months pregnant. Jake's dad passed away (car accident) and I've been alone ever since.

I'm just getting back into the dating scene, after 3 years I finally feel ready. It should be quite an adventure. :)

mumof2monkeys
01-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Good for you Megan...Let me know how it goes..

Syd&Noah'smommy
01-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Not single but sometimes I feel like it. LOL Hubby works nights and he sleeps all day and when he's not sleeping he's playing World of Warcraft (I'm tempted to start a support group called widows of warcraft LOL)

Good for you Meg, all the best, maybe let Jakie pick em out

Donna
01-20-2009, 11:29 AM
I've been a single mom for over 12 years now, raising my oldest (boy) 22 now, middle (boy) 18 and the baby of the family (girl 16). Its been a great journey so far. With some downs, but mostly ups. I've lucked out and my kids are really great, but looking forward to when they start to leave the nest. A good friend of mine says that doesn't happen anymore (the leaving of the nest) and I'm starting to believe him!

Tanya-Mae
01-20-2009, 03:54 PM
"Officially" I've been a single parent of two kids since 2003 BUT prior to leaving my ex I was what I'd term a "virtual single parent' because he was never around. The kids are now almost 7 and 10.

As for dating.... I suppose you can say that I started to "dabble" in that two years ago. It is very far and few between the guys I've "dated" because my ex very rarely takes the kids. I try to keep that part of my life completely separate from that with my kids... for now anyways.

Amanda
01-27-2009, 01:27 PM
I am a single mom. My daughters father and I split up just over a year ago now. For the most part we are still amicable. Luckily he is a great dad and is very involved with Alexa.

SarahFromKitchener
03-19-2009, 01:03 AM
I am a single mom as well. I have been single for about 7 months and love it. I have 2 boys and things are going well. Their dad is involved and we get along better now then ever. There are struggles but I have great family support.