PDA

View Full Version : anyone know of a really good family lawyer?

Tanya-Mae
03-29-2009, 01:35 AM
Hey ya all...

I was just wondering as the title states: does any one have a recommendation for a really good family lawyer? I'm not having the best of luck with those it seems as I am on number three now and not overly impressed.

mom2girls
03-29-2009, 11:24 AM
What issues are you having that you have gone through 3?

Syd&Noah'smommy
03-29-2009, 03:09 PM
David Bogdon 293 Fredrick St 519 576 7900

Tanya-Mae
03-30-2009, 03:45 PM
1st lawyer was a collaborative family lawyer. My ex played possum and did not participate in the process.

2nd lawyer was from a referral from a friend. He was useless and tried to bill me for services not rendered.

3rd and current lawyer started out rocky... horrible office staff but once I finally saw the lawyer I thought she would be good but over time I've just tired of the "lets draft a letter" to the ex that has no 'meat' and waste thousands of dollar that I do not have. Plus I had some issues with the attitude I perceived at my last appointment when I brought up some recent issues.

What I'm looking for is a hard-balled waste no time playing games kind of lawyer who will just get things done. Someone who would yield results in court against a party who has no motivation to participate in any dealings and/or negotiations.

freedomnow35
03-30-2009, 04:07 PM
When I was a child I hade Paul Grossman, he was amazing had him from age of 11 to 21.

He aws able to help me in many different areas.

NOt sure his number but he is in the phone book

Christine
04-11-2009, 12:12 PM
I had to go see a family lawyer a couple weeks ago. Her name is Glenda Mcleod. First impression, she's great, seems to take NO crap and tells you just like it is.
She's expensive though, but may be worth it!

Miller, Caron, McLeod & Priestley - Lawyers Practising in Association
(519) 745-1912

Tanya-Mae
04-11-2009, 06:00 PM
How expensive is expensive? I currently pay $225 per hour plus disbursements.

Lisa
04-12-2009, 05:05 AM
I had Kelley Hopper of Sawyer, Jutzi & Dueck

It was a few years back & I think it was about $300 an hour, but she was very detailed, but incredibly easy to understand & she knows her stuff

Christine
04-13-2009, 05:10 PM
How expensive is expensive? I currently pay $225 per hour plus disbursements.

Glenda is $250/hour.

kayas_mommy
04-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Now I may be biased as I worked for him for 8 years, but Ward Brownell - 519-623-2311 excellent lawyer, knows his stuff, not the greatest at getting back to people by phone, email is better, he is in Cambridge and accepts legal aid (if needed).

Karen Beckett - in Cambridge on Grand Ave - I believe she might be taking a short mat leave as she is due sometime early this summer.

Rein Kao - Cambridge - kiddy corner from the Library, across from the fountain.

Henry Sheilds

Sorry, I don't have numbers, but they will be in the phone book. I have dealt with each of these lawyers on different files while working as a law clerk in Cambridge over the years. If I can think of more, I will post. - These lawyers that I have posted are amazing in Ontario Court of Justice. I haven't dealt with them in Superior Court matters, but as long as you are not asking for division of property, divorce you should be able to deal with the matters in Ontario Court.

Definately stay AWAY from Terri Wilkinson - she is good if she is sober, but that doesn't happen very often. I don't even know if she is still practicing.

kayas_mommy
04-21-2009, 07:11 PM
She's my best friend's sister!

I use to work at the same firm as her when she was with Bond, Brownell and Reier.

Do you know what she is having?? She hasn't answered my email, but understandable, she is busy.

jonyfords09
10-21-2010, 02:41 PM
I would highly recommend a good lawyer to Nanaimo. I have two really good lawyers know where, Geselbracht Brown is a very good person, it is Becoming Senini. I assume you are looking for a family lawyer, and these are my suggestions